Monday, July 27, 2009

New Age Books – Astrology

As well as containing Art books, Science Fiction and Fantasy, the medium bookshelf also has two shelves of New Age literature.

During the 1970s I developed, along with many of my peer group, an interest in Astrology, Tarot, Numerology, I Ching and other fortune telling systems. I taught myself how to draw up and interpret horoscopes, learnt to read the Tarot, developed a familiarity with the I Ching, played around with pendulums and became reasonably adept at Numerolgy.

Scanning the books, as I have done over the past weekend, I had forgotten just how many books on Astrology I had collected during the 70s decade. Therefore I have discovered a fine reference library of most of the important Astrological texts, as well as the more popular sun sign paperbacks of the time. It will take several posts to display them all.

First and foremost in the Astrological texts are the books of Charles E O Carter. A famous Astrologer, Carter’s work is still known for its perception and relevance even today. In 1955, he accurately predicted his own death in 1968.

carter_accidents carter_essays
carter_psychology carter_principals

carter_aspects

I have always regarded Carter’s The Astrological Aspects as one of the best books for interpreting aspects i.e. the relationship between planets formed by the angles which they occupy on a chart. For those who don’t know about aspects, this site explains them quite well.

Anyway, I am not going to explain the finer details of horoscopes here, but just display the covers.

Some more well regarded astrological text books, such as Alan Oken’s Complete Astrology, the A to Z Horoscope Maker & Delineator (very comprehensive) by Llewellyn George as well more esoteric texts are below.

oken_completeastrology atoz_horoscopemaker

12doors astro_innerspace astrol_karma_transform

More astrology coming…

No comments: