Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Age – Astrology in Popular Culture

Every man and his dog must have had a copy of Linda Goodman’s Sun Signs on their bookshelf back in the 1970s. As did I, as well as a copy of Linda Goodman’s Love Signs.

goodman_sunsigns goodman_lovesigns

Perhaps not as well known as Linda Goodman, Liz Greene also produced books with similar titles. I preferred her interpretations – they had a more intelligent approach. I always thought her book on Saturn was an excellent book on that much maligned planet. I was interested in Saturn as my own horoscope has a very dominant Saturn, which I figure has given me my phlegmatic and stoical approach to life along with a certain dour seriousness and an appreciation for black humour.

greene_starsigns greene_relating

greene_saturn

Another book in the popular context is Moon Signs by Sybil Leek and Sun Sign Revelations by Marie Elise Crummere.

moonsigns sunsign_revelations

Back to the more studious side of Astrology there is also A Handbook for the Humanist Astrologer by Michael Meyer and Astrology for the Aquarian Age by Alexandra Mark

humanistic_astrologer aquarianage

Next – yes, you guessed it, more Astrology

No comments: